Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac0987

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2020
USA
Can I still buy a new fully unlocked iPhone 11 Pro Max from Apple?

I know I can buy them from carriers but I don’t want them carrier locked or have to deal with getting the carrier to unlock them.

ght56

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2020
You may be able to contact carriers and see if a device that is fully paid off at the time of purchase comes locked or unlocked...if they all are locked, then you may be able to request the unlock immediately. If you do not want to deal with that, the 11 Pro Max will probably pop up in Apple's refurbished store in the near future, or you may still be able to find them at Apple Authorized resellers.

mac0987

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2020
USA
Thanks. What authorized Apple resellers would you recommend? I find that most places that are selling them are attached to a carrier. I don’t see them selling fully unlocked phones - only ones tied to a specific carrier. Probably because of the kickback carriers give them. I’ve looked at Walmart, Target, Best Buy but they’re all carrier specific. Not like the sim-free version apple used to sell.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.