Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yujini

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2003
LA, CA, USA
I was wondering if any of you bought a powerbook/ibook oversea(Japan, europe) and brought it over to the US.

Does apple still cover the warranty in another country?
and is it possible to buy applecare for these products?

Thanks for any advice!

mim

macrumors 6502
Re: Buying powerbooks oversea? warranty question

Originally posted by yujini
I was wondering if any of you bought a powerbook/ibook oversea(Japan, europe) and brought it over to the US.

Does apple still cover the warranty in another country?
and is it possible to buy applecare for these products?

Thanks for any advice!

I asked this question a while ago, and got some good answers. The best answer is on Apple's web site (I've had too much wine to bother looking right now...sorry!).

Basically, Apple provide an international warrentry for laptops (or anything with and external powersupply if I remember correctly).

But cave man's right...gear is soooo much cheaper in the US than the UK (or other places). What's the deal? You going to be in Paris for the "powerbook release"? Heheheheheheheeeeeha.

yujini

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2003
LA, CA, USA
Hehehe I wish so,
but apparently my dad can get a free laptop somewhere else (not in the US) and if i asked for something like a 17 inch powerbook i was just worried that I would get no warranty by bringing it to the US.

Well thanks for the reply!
Now i can rest in peace and maybe get an applecare.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
ahh i knew this not to long ago. i believe the answer used to be no, but i think in november they changed this, they may have made a new applecare for it. ill try to look more into it.

iJon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.