Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TwiceNightly

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2008
Just a quick note to those of you that have Byline RSS reader, it was just updated and now has folder views.

It also has a new "wooden" look which will be love or hate, I really like it. The only thing I'm not sure about is the new icon.

Project

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2005
why does it not support individual subscriptions? Seems like the most blindingly obvious feature to put in.

TwiceNightly

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2008
Well, you can kind of make it support individual subscriptions by giving each feed it's own folder in Google Reader

odelay

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2007
Hmmm. Tried it, but still not as quick or nice interface as the Google webapp. I'm gonna hold out for Gazette I think. Hopefully that'll give me the same functionality as the webapp, but with the addition of offline reading:

http://web.me.com/matt.rajca/

TwiceNightly

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2008
True, but that would be like creating an iTunes playlist for each album in your library.

Yeah good point, it does work though, I just tried it.

Another option would be to create folders for specific things instead, like "iphone news" and put all your iphone rss news feeds in that, that kinda thing.

Gazette looks pretty good too!!!!

UKmacman

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2007
I find that 'Feeds' is much better. You simply type in the feeds you want and then they appear - easy.

I did start off using byline but now never do, and the upgrade really hasn't solved the issue mentioned above. It looks nice but I want my feeds to be separate. Sorry.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.