Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adh005

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2006
I am new to C++ and am taking a college class in programming. I started a new C++ project and told it to build and run. Immediately an error occured:

"Couldn't run '/usr/bin/gcc-3.3' because it does not refer to an accessible executable"

Any help would be appreciated.

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
adh005 said:
I am new to C++ and am taking a college class in programming. I started a new C++ project and told it to build and run. Immediately an error occured:

"Couldn't run '/usr/bin/gcc-3.3' because it does not refer to an accessible executable"

Any help would be appreciated.

do you have gcc installed? Basically you need to install xcode on your tiger dvd.

caveman_uk

Feb 17, 2003
Hitchin, Herts, UK
Or if you've got a fast connection to the internet you can sign up for ADC (it's free at the minimum level) and download the latest version of the developer tools from Apple's developer site (it's about 800MB). IIRC the version on the Tiger discs is about two or three versions out of date and doesn't compile universal binaries (if that bothers you)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.