Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ger19

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 30, 2022
Is there a calculator on the M1 computer? I couldn't find one. I loaded the calculator that I use on my iPad but that one must be touch screen only because it only works with me clicking the mouse on the numbers/operations I want to use. If I try to type the numbers in it just beeps. I'd like one I could use my ten key with for quick calculations.

Reactions: Agile55

colodane

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2012
Colorado
Your iMac is in a fixed location. The ideal solution is to have a calculator of your choice in that same location.
You can then enjoy the tactile feel of its keyboard which is substantially better than a touch screen or computer keyboard.

For three decades or more I've had a HP11c next to my computer and use it almost daily.
Only occupies 15 sq. in. of desk space and the batteries last for many years.

ger19

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 30, 2022
Do a spotlight search on macOS, for the Calculator app...
Thanks. I found it in the Applications folder. I was looking in the apps in Launchpad in the Dock. Learn something new every day.

wilberforce

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2020
SF Bay Area
Thanks. I found it in the Applications folder. I was looking in the apps in Launchpad in the Dock. Learn something new every day.
It is in my Launchpad...

Screenshot 2024-02-11 at 10.22.44 AM.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.