Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alvin777

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 31, 2003
Hi Macs friends. macOS asked if I I want to merge things with he macOS Mail & Calendar & I think iOS's Mail & Calendar, which I did but it's now having this error (the Calendar app is all blank now) and I can't put any "New Event" on it. I did sync it using the Music app and did the Disk Utility as well but only the Mail got fixed, the Calendar app is still displaying this error. What preferences or plist or some kind of setting could be erased so it's back to normal? Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alvin777

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 31, 2003
Hi, thanks for the reply. Where the Calendar list (sidebar)?

Supposing I double click on that current date (the one with the red marking) to enter a New Event, the "You can’t add or change events in the Birthdays calendar" always shows up, even though there's no uneditable birthday on that date.

The Calendar is uneditable for some reason on any date (though it all blank but in my iOS Calendar, it's all there- I tried syncing but it wasn't fixed.

Alvin777

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 31, 2003
I see, this is what's on the sidebar

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 1.58.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 1.58.59 PM.png
    45.8 KB · Views: 84

Alvin777

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 31, 2003
Hi. It seems to be synced to iCloud (my iOS Calender is operating normally).

By the way, what did you mean that there's no calendar? The Calendar app is installed in my Mac (macOS 12.3.1).

How should I fix this this though? Should there be a "Calendar" on the sidebar?

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
In a web browser, go to iCloud.com and look at the calendar there. Does it have all of your events on it?

On your Mac, open System Preferences and then select Internet Accounts. In the left column, select your iCloud account and ensure that "Calendars" is checked.

Reactions: Alvin777

Alvin777

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 31, 2003
Hi. I've tried deleted the Calendar Account then making a new, it won't make a new one (it doesn't have any error). In the Preferences on the Internet Accounts, there's only the iCloud. The Calendar entries were all erased when I merged (I should't have merged it) on macOS, iOS and on iCloud but on the iOS and iCloud they are editable, no problem but if I sync that, the macOS Calendar doesn't sync it, as if there's no entry on the macOS Calendar app.

StudioMacs

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2022
By the way, what did you mean that there's no calendar? The Calendar app is installed in my Mac (macOS 12.3.1).
Your sidebar only shows birthdays, holiday, and Siri. It does not show an actual calendar database you add events to, such as the default-named “Calendar.”

are you sure you are logged in with the same Apple ID on all devices?

Alvin777

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 31, 2003
Hi yup, logged on to iCloud on the same account.

I'll try a fresh install on another volume (just a minimal sized one).

Alvin777

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 31, 2003
Your sidebar only shows birthdays, holiday, and Siri. It does not show an actual calendar database you add events to, such as the default-named “Calendar.”

are you sure you are logged in with the same Apple ID on all devices?
Hi weirdly enough everything in Calendar is back to normal now. I fresh installed Monterey on another volume and then made macOS Calendar work there (there was no entry, everything at that time was seemingly erased but I can edit and add "New Event" in this freshly installed Monterey- latest version), I then logged on to my main macOS and logged in on my iCloud account, made sure I clicked on Calendar and it all went back. Even the Calendar entries on iCloud itself is back. This is a major Monterey bug Apple friends. Kindly report to sir Craig Federigli. It's nice it's back :) but there's been a problem since last year- my .dmg and external hard disk and flashdrive won't mount (I've not had backed up to Time Machine for more than 6 months now, any Terminal fix for this). If I use the external hard drive and flash drive on another computer, it mounts and can detect it (not a hardware problem). Would you know of a free app that'll mount external hard disks and flashdrives? I use FastDMG at the moment to mount the .dmg so I can install something.

StudioMacs

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2022
Hi weirdly enough everything in Calendar is back to normal now. I fresh installed Monterey on another volume and then made macOS Calendar work there (there was no entry, everything at that time was seemingly erased but I can edit and add "New Event" in this freshly installed Monterey- latest version), I then logged on to my main macOS and logged in on my iCloud account, made sure I clicked on Calendar and it all went back. Even the Calendar entries on iCloud itself is back. This is a major Monterey bug Apple friends. Kindly report to sir Craig Federigli. It's nice it's back :) but there's been a problem since last year- my .dmg and external hard disk and flashdrive won't mount (I've not had backed up to Time Machine for more than 6 months now, any Terminal fix for this). If I use the external hard drive and flash drive on another computer, it mounts and can detect it (not a hardware problem). Would you know of a free app that'll mount external hard disks and flashdrives? I use FastDMG at the moment to mount the .dmg so I can install something.
After I used migration assistant to transfer my home folder to a new Mac, i went into my library folder (in my user name directory) and deleted old folders. One of the folders I deleted was the Calendar folder, and that caused my Calendar app to look like your screenshot — missing the actual Calendar in the left side bar (or any events in the calendar). After logging into iCloud and launching the web calendar,I relaunched the Calendar app to find everything synced up again, including calendars that had been shared with me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.