Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dokh22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 28, 2021
Hi all, I’m having a very frustrating issue with iOS (and iPadOS) calendar, synced to my google account. I use my calendar to manage events in different time zones, and for the most part it works well. However whenever I try to change an all-day event into one with a specific time through the calendar app (either by manually inputting the time, or by dragging & dropping), it seems all ok at first, but after a few seconds the event eventually settles on a time 10 hours later than what I set. FYI I’m in Melbourne Australia which is GMT+10 time zone.
I’ve run various tests and checks: I’ve made sure that when I add a specific time to the all-day event, the time zone is also set correctly in the event edit page. I have time zone override off in iOS settings, and the phone’s time zone settings are set correctly. Time zone settings in google are all correct too. I have no issues if I create events with specific times in the first place, whether created in iOS or google. It’s just when I change all-day events to specific time events in the iOS Calendar app, things go haywire.

I‘m on iOS & iPadOS 14.5.

Are others having this issue? Any suggestions? Or is it a bug that needs to be fixed by Apple and/or Google?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.