Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alvin777

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 31, 2003
Hi Apple friends. I'm not sure if I accidentally put this on the calendar but on March 8, 2023, I seem to be subscribed to a US holiday called 'Holi'. Is this a way for hackers to tell me, they've breached my Mac (it has a lot of malware protection)?

Screen Shot 2023-03-08 at 9.38.49 AM.png

Thank you.
Have a blessed 2023- give it all we've got like Steve Jobs & Elon Musk, working 33x harder but smarter.

rm5

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2022
United States
Holi, which has various other names, is an important holiday in Hinduism that "celebrates the eternal and divine love of the god Radha and Krishna."

Because you're subscribed to the "Holidays" calendar, you will see this—so no, you have not been hacked. I'm not totally sure, but some people who identify as Hindu, or are affiliated with the religion in any way, might observe this holiday in the US.

As I personally don't identify as Hindu, I obviously am unsure if this is correct, so I am not in any way intending to be disrespectful to specific groups by stating incorrect information, as I haven't done in-depth research on this tradition.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.