Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sailingjason

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2011
Toronto
I can't seem to find a solution to this on google so I'm turning here for assistance, any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

I use the Calendar.app that comes with my 2012 11" MacBook Air (running El Capitan 10.11.4) as a comprehensive time tracking tool, recording everything I do in a day (Sleep, breakfast, travel to work, work, lunch, work, drive home, watch tv, read a book, run, shower, dinner, sleep, ect.) you get the picture. As you can imagine there are a lot of events on any given day (usually about 15-20).

I have found in recent months my computer gets very hot and the fan runs in over time when Calendar is the only app open. This doesn't happen when I'm using apps I would think would be more CPU heavy (I frequently have iTunes, Safari, Pages, Evernote, Mail & Messages all running at the same time, and the computer doesn't get hot at all) so I don't fully understand why this is happening?

I have a feeling it has to do with the number of events I have in my Calendar, but I'm hoping that's not the case as I find it very useful.

I'd love your input or suggestions as to how to make this easier on my computer!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.