Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KeeblerFSU

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2017
Hi,

I noticed that all the sudden my alerts are gone on my calendar. For example i have an event set up and have the alert to be 30 mins before. But now the words "30 mins before" have a strike through line through it and there is a message that says "Alerts for this calendar are disabled. To allow this alert to fire, enable 'Event Alerts" in the calendar settings for 'Calendar'.

The problem is, i cannot find that option ANYWHERE in the settings. So i have no idea how to get these turned back on. Can anyone please help in a step by step walk through to the location of this setting to turn it back to normal?

Thank you in advance. This is driving me crazy!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Hi,

I noticed that all the sudden my alerts are gone on my calendar. For example i have an event set up and have the alert to be 30 mins before. But now the words "30 mins before" have a strike through line through it and there is a message that says "Alerts for this calendar are disabled. To allow this alert to fire, enable 'Event Alerts" in the calendar settings for 'Calendar'.

The problem is, i cannot find that option ANYWHERE in the settings. So i have no idea how to get these turned back on. Can anyone please help in a step by step walk through to the location of this setting to turn it back to normal?

Thank you in advance. This is driving me crazy!
Go to the Calendar app, once there tap on the "Calendars" option at the bottom, on the Calendars screen you should see all the calendars you have, tap on the 'i' in a circle icon next to the one you are interested in, then at the bottom of the screen you should see a setting for notifications for that specific calendar where you can enabled or disable event alerts.

Danijmorin

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2021
Johnson City, TN
Go to the Calendar app, once there tap on the "Calendars" option at the bottom, on the Calendars screen you should see all the calendars you have, tap on the 'i' in a circle icon next to the one you are interested in, then at the bottom of the screen you should see a setting for notifications for that specific calendar where you can enabled or disable event alerts.
Omg thank you so so much!! I have been on a dozen forums about this and no one had the answer. I’ve spent an hour on my phone trying to figure out where this setting option was. You are a life saver!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.