Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2009
I've always found iCal's Birthday calendar to be really useful (the one that automatically pulls from Contacts).

However, since turning on Facebook integration I now have loads more contact cards & birthdays in Contacts meaning the Birthdays calendar is simply flooded. There are so many displaying that I'm not really bothered about (a lot of acquaintances on Facebook).

Is there a way to selectively choose which birthdays get pulled into the calendar? Or is there a way to hide all birthdays from Facebook contact cards?

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
As far as I know with FB integration, it's either all off or all on. Meaning, you can import all your FB contacts into your Contacts or none of them. And for calendar, its the same, either all your FB birthdays are imported or non of them are.

kdum8

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Tokyo, Japan
This has long been a feature I have wished for. I want to have various contact's date of birth info in my contacts but only want birthdays for the people I care about to show up in Calendar. Unfortunately for now it is all or nothing.

Feature request it from Apple. Maybe one day it will show up.

dds47

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2015
This has long been a feature I have wished for. I want to have various contact's date of birth info in my contacts but only want birthdays for the people I care about to show up in Calendar. Unfortunately for now it is all or nothing.

What I do is use the Card>Add Field command in Contacts to add a Date field and give it a name like "DOB (Non-Calendar)", and use that field for all entries that i don't want to have displayed on the Google calendar. This also ensures that there is a date format and validity check on input and display. It's a kludge, and it doesn't lend itself to importing/updating from external sources, but it's something.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.