Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NHDrumline17

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
So I'm adding addresses in the location field in my calendar, and it's not giving me a little map in the information panel like it did in the keynote, and it's not auto calculating travel time. Anybody have any suggestions?

crazyman3005

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
Having the same issue, kind of sucks seems way to simple to me at the moment, and normally I love the minimalist look!

bdobry

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2008
Same problem

I did notice that when I first click on "travel time", I can very briefly see "Calculating travel time" but then it goes away. I am really looking forward to that feature... hopefully it is fixed soon.

DavisEngeler

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2010
I seem to notice that, when typing an address in the Location field, it won't calculate travel time if it doesn't search for your entry and use one of those results.

When it does happen to calculate, I've noticed it's defaulting the "from" address in the calculation to one of my addresses with no way to change it without updating/adding an earlier event with your actual from address. It's... strange and wonky.

jennyfer

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2008
I'm having the same problem. I noticed I can search by a street but if I put in the actual address with a number, the directions/weather go away. Anyone else?

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Try not putting in the entire address in the Location field. Add part of it, and then let the Inspector find the rest of it. If you add it that way, the travel time and weather work. It's almost as if it has to find the address on its own before giving you these options.

theBigD23

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2008
Try not putting in the entire address in the Location field. Add part of it, and then let the Inspector find the rest of it. If you add it that way, the travel time and weather work. It's almost as if it has to find the address on its own before giving you these options.

I did try that, but it didn't work. It just won't find the location.

Reactions: jagooch

theBigD23

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2008

I did try that, but it didn't work. It just won't find the location.

jeeepeee

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2005
Hi What solved it for me was to quit Calendar. Go to System Preferences/Security & Privacy/ and turn off Location for Calendar. Start Calendar and after that allow access to location again for Calendar.
After that my contacts addresses showed up again and it suggested streetnames. This was for an address in The Netherlands.

Hope this helps!

BardG

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2013
Calendar Issues Travel Time & Map

I also found putting in a partial address and letting Inspector provide location suggestions works. Or, start typing a contact and let Inspector take it from there.
Now I get travel time suggestions based on my current location and weather for the destination, it's great!

When I pasted an address into "Add Location" field it just wouldn't work, Thanks to theBigD23 and rwilliams for the suggestions, did the trick!

theBigD23

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2008
Hi What solved it for me was to quit Calendar. Go to System Preferences/Security & Privacy/ and turn off Location for Calendar. Start Calendar and after that allow access to location again for Calendar.
After that my contacts addresses showed up again and it suggested streetnames. This was for an address in The Netherlands.

Hope this helps!

I also found putting in a partial address and letting Inspector provide location suggestions works. Or, start typing a contact and let Inspector take it from there.
Now I get travel time suggestions based on my current location and weather for the destination, it's great!

When I pasted an address into "Add Location" field it just wouldn't work, Thanks to theBigD23 and rwilliams for the suggestions, did the trick!

The Calendar does work with existing addresses in Contacts, however, it does not work with putting in any address, where it still should show a drop down to pick an address.

overlordx

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2013
Address from Contact will not populate

when making an appointment on iCal the location shows addresses from contacts. However, they address will not populate when the list is selected. manually typing the address does not work. (i.e. no map appears

Originally Posted by jeeepeee View Post

Hope this helps!

jeeepeee's fix worked for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: jagooch and alrazd

jonbauer

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2011
I figured out why it wasn't working for me on my iMac. You HAVE to have wifi turned ON in order for the travel time feature to work!

Hope this helps someone!

- Jon

theBigD23

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2008
I figured out why it wasn't working for me on my iMac. You HAVE to have wifi turned ON in order for the travel time feature to work!

Hope this helps someone!

- Jon

The issue is that the address doesn't even popup, so it doesn't even get to the point of travel time. Also, for systems like the Mac Pro, WiFi is not always an option. I have a Mac Pro without WiFi.

bcassid

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2010
When I go to Security & Privacy, I don't see a Location option, only CoreServicesUIAgent.app. I tried turning that off, but no luck.

Hope this helps!

HavenD

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2018

Hope this helps!
[doublepost=1517768995][/doublepost]Thank you! That worked perfectly for me. Of course it is now 2018 so the exact steps are different but I used the current steps on my iPhone to close calendar, remove and then re-grant Location Services for the Calendar. When I reopened Calendar it now gives me the Starting Location place.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.