Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eagle33199

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 13, 2007
Talked to a tech with Apple Saturday about this, but it appears that the calendar application isn't really iCal. I had an e-mail with a link to an iCal object. I figured i should be able to click the link and have the appointment added to my calendar in the iPhone. NO SUCH LUCK. It opened up safari and then gave me an error message that safari couldn't open the object.

Oh well, maybe they'll fix it with a software update.

Krevnik

macrumors 601
Sep 8, 2003
Talked to a tech with Apple Saturday about this, but it appears that the calendar application isn't really iCal. I had an e-mail with a link to an iCal object. I figured i should be able to click the link and have the appointment added to my calendar in the iPhone. NO SUCH LUCK. It opened up safari and then gave me an error message that safari couldn't open the object.

Oh well, maybe they'll fix it with a software update.

If there is a link or something on Apple's site to submit feedback on this, I would do it. This I think is a perfect feature request for a software update. :)

eagle33199

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 13, 2007
If there is a link or something on Apple's site to submit feedback on this, I would do it. This I think is a perfect feature request for a software update. :)

The tech i talked to said he was submitting it somewhere - whether or not that ends up in developers hands, or just in the techs manual for debugging problems, i don't know. I would hope they're recording all of this stuff for upgrades, though.

unity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2005
Green Bay, WI
I dont want to sound sarcastic. But, they never said it was iCal. Its just a calendar. However, better integration would be nice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.