Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JrFreak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 3, 2009
Is there a jailbreak app that displays calendar event that occurred more than a year ago? Man is this annoying and I can't believe Apptard hasn't addressed this yet.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I suspect this may be what OP is on about…

If you do not set your calendars to sync back far enough the events fall off (unless they are yearly recurring events).

No idea if changing the default to "All Events" will bring them back or not though.

2016-07-07 16.23.02.png 2016-07-07 16.23.06.png

DigitalDawn

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2011
I don't think the issue has anything to do with syncing. I have the same problem. All my calendar events are available -- going back years. It's the calendar search function that won't go back more than a year.

Reactions: stylinexpat

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2009
I have noticed this issue recently as well. Quite annoying.. Say you put in a trip to Hong Kong a few year ago in your Calendar and then decide to do a search today for Hong Kong in Calendar but for some reason it does nor show all the Hong Kong events you created in the past on the iPhone. On my MacBook Pro though it shows them all. They are all synced by the way. If you check manually that date from say 3 years ago after checking date on MacBook you can find it on the iPhone but if you just type in Hong Kong in the search section of Calendar on the iPhone it does not bring all those previous Hong Kong events up.. Why..?

E4641F31-F93E-4011-85B2-13823344FC73.jpeg

RobertPM

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2015
What are the 3rd party options that can access iCloud Calendar so that you might still be able to search for calendar events more than a year ago, please?
It would be good if Apple could add extra time, acknowledging that it uses up extra memory that some iPhone users may not have to spare, hence a toggle?

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
A couple of months back I came to the conclusion that, natively, there's no way to use the search function and find something more than a year old.

However, I found an app that will do it:

Reactions: max2
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.