Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zachlegomaniac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
Hi there,

I am wondering the best way to separate a small business only calendar from a personal calendar. I just opened my calendar app and have 4 email addresses in there populated from my mail app (I believe). One just says 'iCloud' that I would call my main calendar, the other is my actual iCloud email (a gmail account I use for my primary iCloud only), my business account hosted by google (myusername@mybusinessname.com), and a gmail account I have had for ever that I give out to people I might want to hear from - or I may want to mark as spam (like when they ask at a retail store for your email for a purchase that may offer coupons in the future, etc.).

Anyways, when I want to concentrate on my business I'm guessing I would have to manually uncheck each box in macOS and iOS in order to only see those items exclusively (every time I sit down to concentrate on my work).

Am I better off getting a completely separate app for business and having the others involved in the business use the same app? Is that the cleanest way to go about this? It is nice having one app to take care of all of my scheduled events, but I don't think it may be a viable option unless I'm missing something in the macOS calendar app.

Thank you for your insights and opinions.

Respectfully,

ZLM

organicCPU

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2016
Probably you know about calendar groups (Shift + Cmd + N) to better organise private and business calendars. IMO, it's easier to activate or deactivate just two calendar groups instead of a bunch of individual calendars. I just use groups for local calendars, but cloud hosted calendars might work, too.

Reactions: zachlegomaniac
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.