Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

igw

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
I still cannot find any clear answer as to add the full calendar function to the iPod Touch. Can it be done ?

twinsdad

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2007
I still cannot find any clear answer as to add the full calendar function to the iPod Touch. Can it be done ?

Yes...If you search the intructions are there. You just need an SSH/FTP app, a jailbroken touch, and the iphone mobilecal app.

igw

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
Can someone post a link to these instructions. Thank you.

dcgmedia

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2007
2way sync

After the installation on the calendar fix hack, will the ipod touch 2-way sync with itunes?

i.e. two way calendar sync with new items added on the touch

Thanks

parrotheadmjb

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2007
all you have to do is edit a few lines in your N45AP.plist (if you have windows) download iOrder (use the search feature in this forum to find it) then use it to customize your springboard, but when it generates the new N45AP.plist it also fixes the calender so just use iOrder

Shanesan

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2006
All you gotta do is add "EditableUserData" and set it to "True" to N45AP.plist. Really not hard. I just forget where you get N45AP.plist (though you use your SFTP client to get it).

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>bundles</key>
	<array/>
	<key>capabilities</key>
	<dict>
		<key>editableUserData</key>
		<true/>
		<key>piezo-clicker</key>
		<true/>
	</dict>
	<key>displayOrder</key>
	<dict>
		<key>buttonBar</key>
		<array> 

After the installation on the calendar fix hack, will the ipod touch 2-way sync with itunes?

Yes.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    36.7 KB · Views: 127

cysouw

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2007
buggy syncing?

I just fixed the calendar, however...

there seem to be various inconsistencies while syncing with my computer and on my touch now. Anobody else can confirm this?

- event are put into a calender on my computer with the same name as the location of the event
- selecting any event on my touch now makes it unable to return to the same view where I came from (e.g. when in List view, selecting an event, then I am unable to go back to the List view, though I can go to the Day of Month view)
- when I select an event, then go (for example) to the Month view, I am unable to again select the same event. I can select any other event, but not the same event twice in a row.

If this strange behaviour can be confirmed, it seems to make sense to believe the purported message by Steve Jobs that the addition of events was removed because it was buggy. However, it makes me wonder what the differences between the iPhone and the Touch might make this happen.

best
michael

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.