Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pwm86

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2016
Austria
Suddenly the calender does not sync any more from my iPhone 6s+ to my computers (iMac 27 2015, MAcbook Air 2011). Between the computers syncing works. Is this a wider phenomenon, or is my iPhone at fault? I rebooted all.

pwm86

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2016
Austria
Are you only using the Apple calendar on both phone and Mac?
Sure. It worked for some years, but suddenly no more.

Resolved: I signed out of iCloud on the iPhone, and then signed in again. Then all lacking events in the calender were synced. But why is this necessary?

Last edited:
Reactions: AlliFlowers

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Sure. It worked for some years, but suddenly no more.

Resolved: I signed out of iCloud on the iPhone, and then signed in again. Then all lacking events in the calender were synced. But why is this necessary?

Glitch/bug. I find it to be fairly rare but I've had to do the same thing due to Keychain passcodes not syncing to my iPhone.

Sometimes people aren't directly effected by an iCloud sync issue (shared tabs in Safari for example) so it goes unchecked.

Lioness~

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2017
Sweden
My iCloud calendars on iOS haven’t synced since day one of iOS 11.
I’ve spent a lot of time with support, seniors, sending in system reports to the engineers etc.
Signing out and in did absolutely nothing for me. We tried a lot of things. iCloud Calendars gone on iPhone and not syncing from iPad either, but showed up there.
On Mac Calendars syncs flawless with iCloud though.

I gave up with Apple support, didn’t lead anywhere, I was just working for free to hand over systemreports to the engineers. So I started to use my Synology NAS to sync calendars instead.

Been flawess ever since. But when I beta tested iOS 12 they disappear too, and some lost iCloud calendars started to show up :rolleyes:
Ah well, seems like they’re working with it. I went back to 11.4.1 and my NAS-calendars came back, peace restored :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.