Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stampax

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2007
Just signed up for mobile me and currently getting used to it an trying to make the most of all it's features.
When it comes to syncing calenders, it becomes slightly annoying when I get the alarm message popping up on my macbook, iphone and imac - generally i will only want the alarm to pop up on one (i.e work stuff on my macbook, home appointments on my imac). Is there a way to set this up?

Also (rather than starting a sepreate thread, though this is on a diff topic) - i put some music into my idisk (one track, about 6 meg). it is showing up on my iphone, but as being zero kb, and when i click to play it nothing happens. When iclick on recent, it doesnt show it at all. Any ideas?

Finally - does mobileme have any kind of fucntionality that allows you to control your mac from a different location? I don't think it does, but thought id ask.

Thanks for any help :)

capt601

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2008
I believe there are a few apps that allow you to control your imac from your iphone. I am not sure of the names. check on the app forum.
as far as the alarms, I agree. it is very annoying to get an alarm on your iphone and then come home and see the alarm waiting for you on your imac. I haven;t figured out a way to have it canceled once you cancel one, either on your phone or the computer. would be nice if they would synch up the alarms somehow.

Macsterguy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
Texas
Just signed up for mobile me and currently getting used to it an trying to make the most of all it's features.
When it comes to syncing calenders, it becomes slightly annoying when I get the alarm message popping up on my macbook, iphone and imac - generally i will only want the alarm to pop up on one (i.e work stuff on my macbook, home appointments on my imac). Is there a way to set this up?

iCal alarms will go off on all devices. This is the way it is and is a shortcoming...

Also (rather than starting a sepreate thread, though this is on a diff topic) - i put some music into my idisk (one track, about 6 meg). it is showing up on my iphone, but as being zero kb, and when i click to play it nothing happens. When iclick on recent, it doesnt show it at all. Any ideas?

If the song is protected in any way, this will not work...

Finally - does mobileme have any kind of fucntionality that allows you to control your mac from a different location? I don't think it does, but thought id ask.

Yes - MobileMe has a function called "Back to my Mac" If you go to - System Prefs / MobileMe / then on buttons along the top of the window you will see BTMM. Depending on your network(s), routers etc it can be a challenge to set up. Mine works pretty much flawlessly between my 3 Mac's, my daughter and son's Mac's and 4 more at my offices. If you are in the market for a router I would suggest the apple airport extreme (or apple time capsule) for easier setup... Other's can be used but are trickier to set up.

Thanks for any help :)

Your welcome, I hope this helps... :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.