Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I have an iPhone XR and have been getting calls from a bill collector looking for someone else. This person has the same name as me, but a different middle initial, and I have been plagued for the last 30 years, no exaggeration by different bill collectors looking for this guy. Now it's not even a real person, it's a robocall that leaves a number, bastards! It started back in California, but never mind about that... :)

Here is my question. If I go to my "recent" list where calls are listed, there is an option to block caller. My question is, if you block the number and then later remove the number/record of the call from your list of calls received, does it remain blocked? I imagine it does not, so this feature would have limited value imo. Now if the number remains, blocked is there a place on your phone, or at your carrier where you can see the numbers blocked by this method?
Thanks!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I have an iPhone XR and have been getting calls from a bill collector looking for someone else. This person has the same name as me, but a different middle initial, and I have been plagued for the last 30 years, no exaggeration by different bill collectors looking for this guy. Now it's not even a real person, it's a robocall that leaves a number, bastards! It started back in California, but never mind about that... :)

Here is my question. If I go to my "recent" list where calls are listed, there is an option to block caller. My question is, if you block the number and then later remove the number/record of the call from your list of calls received, does it remain blocked? I imagine it does not, so this feature would have limited value imo. Now if the number remains, blocked is there a place on your phone, or at your carrier where you can see the numbers blocked by this method?
Thanks!
The number will remain blocked. This blocking is done on the iPhone without involvement of the carrier (which might have its own separate blocking options as well)--to see which numbers are blocked on your device you can go to Settings > Phone > Blocked Contacts.

Reactions: Huntn

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
The number will remain blocked. This blocking is done on the iPhone without involvement of the carrier (which might have its own separate blocking options as well)--to see which numbers are blocked on your device you can go to Settings > Phone > Blocked Contacts.
Thanks! I did search on this and did not find an adequate answer. I just checked and I have about 20 blocked numbers most of them are 800.

Reactions: C DM
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.