Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hish99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2020
Hey guys,
so I've been having some issues on iPhone 11 Pro Max with call dropping, Call Failed, Connecting & then voice lagging and slow 4g speed since iOS 13.5 update. I've read that previously (13.1.4 or something) used to have this issue.

So far the options I've tried:-

◾ I've tried turning Airplane Mode on/off (It gets fixed for some time then having the issue again).
◾ Turning Wifi calling on/off.
◾ Turning VOLTE on/off.
◾ Tried Carrier > Network Selection turning off automatic and choosing manually.
◾ I've changed my sim card to a new one.
◾ I've Fully Reset my device (Downloading IPSW file and Restoring via Itunes & setting up as new device).

I have also called my carrier & Reported about it they said the connection is stable and there's no issues

I didn't had any issues till now with this phone (Almost 7 Months)

Any of you guys also have this issue? Any solutions at all Rather than waiting for an update to fix it?

Thank you.

Last edited:

Böhme417

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2009
Yes. I posted in another thread about how my call quality has been trash since updating to iOS 13.5 (and with a carrier update). I have had several dropped calls, which were virtually non-existent for me before. Calls sound garbled sometimes or just go silent where neither party can hear each other. I don't know what the deal is, but it happening coincided exactly with when I updated my phone.

Hish99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2020
Yes. I posted in another thread about how my call quality has been trash since updating to iOS 13.5 (and with a carrier update). I have had several dropped calls, which were virtually non-existent for me before. Calls sound garbled sometimes or just go silent where neither party can hear each other. I don't know what the deal is, but it happening coincided exactly with when I updated my phone.
Exactly same for me i had not a single issue before iOS 13.5. I updated to 13.5.1 today hope to see how it goes (It doesn't mention fixes or anything)

Hish99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2020
apparently it was my carrier.
61189927-9B3E-412C-B614-01A37EB2E2A2.png

Böhme417

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2009
Who is your carrier? I contacted mine, and they say the issue isn't on their end.

Hish99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2020
Who is your carrier? I contacted mine, and they say the issue isn't on their end.
Mine is DIALOG and however i think the issue started after the modem update which was from 1.05.something to 1.06.00 on iOS 13.5.

i have no other clue man this happend to a very rare of people

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.