Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anjanesh

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 20, 2010
Navi Mumbai
How is that there is no Android mobile with cellular calling feature like Apple Watch's (Cellular version) ?
So far I've seen, Android has only calling via Bluetooth which requires the mobile to be within a short distance.
The only reason why I bought the Apple Watch 7 Series Cellular is because I occasionally go out of my house for 30 min-60 mins without my iPhone and hence can keep track of calls and mail.
Is this not something Google wants to do to compete with Apple ? Os is there some constraint with the Android OS to implement this feature ?

akidokraja

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2013
Yes, there is plenty of options for WearOS and Samsung own system that have cellular in their watches. If that is what you asking for.

anjanesh

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 20, 2010
Navi Mumbai
I didn't know about Android based cellular watches. I was keeping track of GoNoise, Mi and OnePlus. I wasn't thinking of Samsung at all.
Even according to Google, its mainly Samsung that support LTE ? Not even Pixel 6 ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.