Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Smoovejayy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2012
I've had T-Mobile for over a year and I know their service is not stellar but it works for me (also don't want to pay more for service). I've had the 6S since last year and reception has been fine. Ever since I got the 7 a couple weeks back, people have told me they need to call me twice in order to reach me. The first time it rings and goes straight to voice mail (I have no record of receiving first call). Second time it actually goes through. Sometimes people just call once and assume I didn't pick up. I don't know why this is happening now, but I think:
  • It can be my spigen case (its thin), but it shouldn't interfere with reception.
  • Maybe because it only has two antenna lines instead of four?
  • Possibly the Jet Black finish?
Just trying to rule out some causes. Let me know what you guys think. I'm on the phone with T-Mobile as I type this. Thanks!

Smoovejayy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2012
Reception is about the same as my 6S. It's not something that happens consistently but its enough to have me concerned. Went through some troubleshooting like ensuring I was not on Wifi, soft-rebooting the phone, made test calls with representative (calls came through normally). Gonna follow up with them later today. Thanks guys!
[doublepost=1476542377][/doublepost]
I'd call your carrier and have them troubleshoot. Maybe it's something on their end. Also do a reset network settings.
Haven't tried that. Will do.

Reactions: Applejuiced
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.