Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
By accidentally tapping the power/lock screen button and the home button together the iPad takes a screenshot!

Sorry if everyone new this, just took me by surprise to hear my iPad make the camera flashing noise :)

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Really. On my 3rd iteration of the iphone; 2g, 3g, 3gs and still was unaware of that. See thick ;)

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
I love it when long time users hold themselves up for ridicule like this. :p

kaelell

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2009
makes me remember when I first stumbled accross the screenshot thing ( I dont think it was there with the first firmware itteration) but my screen flashed & the sound was off and I was like " what just happened" I did it again and the same thing, I couldnt figure out why it was doing it until much later when I went into my photos folder!

doh.

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
One of the speakers on the bottom of my iPhone is not working. Will Apple swap it out?

spammerhamster

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2010
Don't feel bad... I also only found out after a year that a doubleclick on the lockscreen could open the ipod interface.

Zazoh

macrumors 68000
Jan 4, 2009
San Antonio, Texas
Those with the wifi only iPad can then use this with the map application if you want to plan a trip at home, take a screen shot of each leg, then play them back on the road through the photo app to get directions.

If you get way off track, head to Starbucks or McDonalds, there is one on every corner, and get new directions from the WiFi.

Can do the same to demo a website, or save a website for offline viewing such as product information or model numbers. I use this way on iPhone all the time.

REBELinBLUE

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2007
London, UK
You're not the only one who has discovered something rather late. I only just realised on Saturday that you scroll textareas/scrolling divs using 2 fingers.

For as long as I could remember I always assumed it was a flaw in the OS that needed to be addressed >_<

avaloncourt

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2007
Really. On my 3rd iteration of the iphone; 2g, 3g, 3gs and still was unaware of that. See thick ;)

There are lots of little known things in the iPhone which are also evident in the iPad. The Missing Manual Series iPhone book covers a lot of these.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.