Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wasteyourdays

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
My apologies if this has been posted elsewhere. I searched first and didn't come up with anything. Also, I'm both new to mac and non-console gaming, so excuse me if this is a dumb question ...

I'm playing Call of Duty 2 on an Intel iMac and it loads up and plays fine but seems to slow down when there's lots of action on the screen. This is especially problematic in an early mission where 3 charges need to be set and I need to run away from a building. The rest of the action on the screen moves at normal pace, but the character moves very slow and can't move away from the building fast enough before it explodes, no matter what I try.

I've moved all the graphics settings to low as I thought it might be causing the problem, but still no luck. This is a brand new iMac, surely it can't be a processor or graphics processor problem.

I'm I better to run a PC version using Parallels?

Any suggestions?

Wasteyourdays

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
Actually, I didn't have that installed. I've installed it, but now I'm getting the "Please insert the original disc." error.

Phat Elvis

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2005
Phila, PA
I have not seen that message either.

To answer your original question any smoke will slow down your action. In that scene there are a lot of smoke effects from the building - it slows me down too.

Have fun. I'm on multiplayer every now and then - but I suck.

I play as "Rookie"

juanster

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2007
toronto
haha o maaaaan seems like this is going to be a huge pain in the a$$ when I try to play it in my macbook....

wow, i am really impressed wit my MB s performance, no slowing down at ll with max resolution and medium details not even in crazy crazy heavy video parts with lots of smoke i am loving it....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.