Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vanburen982

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2016
I'm using a CDMA/GSM (VZW) iPhone 7 on ATT. Was recently using an iPhone 6S. Popped my sim out of that phone and transferred it to the iPhone 7. Everything works great with one exception. I'm finding that incoming calls from numbers that aren't stored in my phone aren't consistently showing up correctly on the caller ID. For instance, if I receive a call "760-555-1212", instead of the caller ID showing "San Diego" under the number, it instead shows "United States".

I've contacted ATT, and ensured that my account has been updated with the proper IMEI and phone model so that doesn't seem to be a problem. My account even shows the specific model of iPhone 7 (A1660).

The odd thing is that this issue isn't consistent. Some of the incoming calls show the correct city. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to this. I've been on the phone with ATT tech support but they have not been been able to solve the issue. They've pushed out new signals, etc, with no luck. I've done a full restore of the phone and had them resend the "carrier settings updates" or whatever they're doing, and still no luck.

Has anyone ever experienced a similar issue? As an FYI, my fiancé did a similar change - iPhone 6 to iPhone 7+ and she has the same issue.

Thanks in advance for any advice/feedback.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I've noticed pretty much the same thing using iPhone 6 with iOS 10 on Verizon. Seems like it's likely more of an iOS 10 thing than anything else.

jlringo

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2016
I'm using a CDMA/GSM (VZW) iPhone 7 on ATT. Was recently using an iPhone 6S. Popped my sim out of that phone and transferred it to the iPhone 7. Everything works great with one exception. I'm finding that incoming calls from numbers that aren't stored in my phone aren't consistently showing up correctly on the caller ID. For instance, if I receive a call "760-555-1212", instead of the caller ID showing "San Diego" under the number, it instead shows "United States".

I've contacted ATT, and ensured that my account has been updated with the proper IMEI and phone model so that doesn't seem to be a problem. My account even shows the specific model of iPhone 7 (A1660).

The odd thing is that this issue isn't consistent. Some of the incoming calls show the correct city. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to this. I've been on the phone with ATT tech support but they have not been been able to solve the issue. They've pushed out new signals, etc, with no luck. I've done a full restore of the phone and had them resend the "carrier settings updates" or whatever they're doing, and still no luck.

Has anyone ever experienced a similar issue? As an FYI, my fiancé did a similar change - iPhone 6 to iPhone 7+ and she has the same issue.

Thanks in advance for any advice/feedback.
[doublepost=1475346661][/doublepost]I'm having the same issue with my phone and so is Hubby. We updated to 10.0.2 and we both have the 6s. It's mildly annoying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.