Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cosmosent

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 20, 2016
La Jolla, CA
3.1 Payments
  • 3.1.1 In-App Purchase:
Non-subscription apps may offer a free time-based trial period before presenting a full unlock option by setting up a Non-Consumable IAP item at Price Tier 0 that follows the naming convention: “XX-day Trial.”

---

I don't remember seeing this BEFORE as an option for NON-Sub apps !

I believe it is & am moving-forward with a "Day Pass" version for my main app, though it looks like I will need to call it "1-day Trial".

As a reminder, Apple updated the Guidelines just last week.

Just prior to that I had given Apple, including Cook, a Head's-Up on my efforts to implement a "Day Pass" One Time Purchase IAP, & I explained the justification for it.

When MR posted an Article saying Apple had updated the Guidelines, they made NO mention of this XX-day Trial option for NON-sub apps.

It was ONLY yesterday that I stumbled across it.

To me, if it is new, it's potentially EXTREMELY BIG news !

IMO, it has Game Changer potential !

Very specifically, if new, which I believe it is, I believe it could soon become the most-popular type of IAP for NON-sub apps !

Opinions appreciated.

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
Hm. I could be just confusing it with the sub-app version that's been there longer, but I feel like it's been there for a while. But I don't know, maybe you're right!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.