Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Midway123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2017
Hi all,

With watchos9 callkit is expected. For whatsapp, one could already receive (without a (3rd party) app) messages and respond, but thus far receiving calls has not been an option. is this automatically available now, or does whatsapp need to do something to make this happen? Anyone here that know how this works? Would love to be able to receive whatsapp calls on the watch (I am in EU and work with company from India that uses whatsapp for calling).

akidokraja

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2013
Hi all,

With watchos9 callkit is expected. For whatsapp, one could already receive (without a (3rd party) app) messages and respond, but thus far receiving calls has not been an option. is this automatically available now, or does whatsapp need to do something to make this happen? Anyone here that know how this works? Would love to be able to receive whatsapp calls on the watch (I am in EU and work with company from India that uses whatsapp for calling).
I was wondering the same thing. Anyone heard anything?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.