Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FooArk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 16, 2011
I'm on IOS 13 (Stock). Anyone on 13.1 who can give us any insight regarding how the camera app performs on the beta?

It takes a while to lag, laggy, takes few seconds to switch between front and back facing cameras.

Act3

macrumors 68020
Sep 26, 2014
USA
I'm on IOS 13 (Stock). Anyone on 13.1 who can give us any insight regarding how the camera app performs on the beta?

It takes a while to lag, laggy, takes few seconds to switch between front and back facing cameras.

I see about a second delay or so when switching between front and back cameras on iPad Pro 10.5 using 13.1 latest beta.

the biggest delay I see on both my iPad and my Xr is when taking Live Photo’s from within the message app. 2-3 second delay after taking picture before send arrow appears in messenger.

**update*** the issue I am seeing isn’t related to iOS 13. My wife’s Xr still on iOS 12.4.1 exhibits same behavior.

Last edited:

Khorn

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2013
Germany
I also have these lags.
Front facing camera is also lagging like crazy when changing zoom. One time the cameras didn't get initialized right and I only got a black screen with camera controls(front and back facing).

rocketkev

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2011
I also have these lags.
Front facing camera is also lagging like crazy when changing zoom. One time the cameras didn't get initialized right and I only got a black screen with camera controls(front and back facing).
Which IOS are you on?
I’m having the exact same issue on my 11 Pro Max. Getting the black screen is incredibly annoying when you’re trying to capture a picture quickly. My phone is on iOS 13.0 with nothing installed on it so it should certainly not lag or display a black screen.

FooArk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 16, 2011
Updated to 13.1 today

It's better... not perfect, but better. What do you think?

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
Just updated to iOS 13.1
Finally the battery life is as advertised for my 11 Pro. Everything is much smoother. I'd strongly recommend anyone running 13.0 to update immediately. Much less lagging, even for the keyboard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.