Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macbro08

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2020
There's been quite a few threads describing issues with the camera of the iPhone 13 Pro and Max. As I am looking to upgrade from an iPhone 8 and I take many photos, I have decided not to go with these models.

However, does the "regular" iPhone 13 also experience this camera issue? If so, then I might be better off getting a regular iPhone 12?

Thanks a lot in advance for your input.

tenordrum

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2019
DC Beltway
I just moved from the SE2 to the IP13 last week. I don't believe there are concerns that I saw so far with the camera. I decided against the pro model since I already own a Canon R6 mirrorless camera and several lenses. Some shots from my morning walk today, sunbeams through the trees after some storms last night.

Attachments

• tempImageFxGsQ5.png
    tempImageFxGsQ5.png
    6 MB · Views: 69
  • tempImageTQr3bB.png
    tempImageTQr3bB.png
    6.1 MB · Views: 66
  • tempImagen2fOUU.png
    tempImagen2fOUU.png
    7.3 MB · Views: 61

Mark Stone

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2022
In its case.
There's been quite a few threads describing issues with the camera of the iPhone 13 Pro and Max. As I am looking to upgrade from an iPhone 8 and I take many photos, I have decided not to go with these models.

However, does the "regular" iPhone 13 also experience this camera issue? If so, then I might be better off getting a regular iPhone 12?

Thanks a lot in advance for your input.
I made the same upgrade about 3 months ago - iPhone 8 Plus to 13 Standard. The camera on the 13 is flawless (at least on mine) so I don’t think you should have any worries.

Reactions: tenordrum
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.