Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

w2no

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2012
Hi.
I'm 6+ 9beta5. I ask for yr advice on Camera self timer.
When I do it, it took 10 photos in once.
How can I configure to take only 1 or 3 photos?
Thank u very much,

Smith288

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2008
You don't. Just choose the ideal pic and delete the rest. The idea is to get a burst to prevent capturing the blinking that one person always does in a timed pic.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Hi.
I'm 6+ 9beta5. I ask for yr advice on Camera self timer.
When I do it, it took 10 photos in once.
How can I configure to take only 1 or 3 photos?
Thank u very much,
You don't. Just choose the ideal pic and delete the rest. The idea is to get a burst to prevent capturing the blinking that one person always does in a timed pic.

Exactly what Smith288 said. It's by design to take a burst of 10, to increase your odds of capturing the right moment (since it's on a timer and typically timer is used when no one is actually behind the camera snapping the photo.)

On Photos app when you're on the set of burst the word "Select" will appear at the bottom. Tap that and then you can select your favourite one (or few.) Tapping done after you select what you want gives you the option to "Keep Everything" or "Keep x Favourites".

w2no

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2012
Thank you all for your advice. Will follow through and it s helpful assistant :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.