Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 21, 2012
England
…and they are set to stream.

I am running the latest developer beta versions of the 17 wave of software on all my devices.

I woke up this morning to see that all of my HomeKit cameras were set to record, even though they are supposed to be stream when I'm at home. I have left the house twice and it makes no difference. I've restarted everything and it makes no difference. Just wondering if anyone else has the same issue? They have been working faultlessly up until this morning. Not that it should have any bearing, but I am in the UK. Thanks.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 21, 2012
England
Edit: don’t know if it’s a coincidence or not, but eventually I hard reset my iPhone and everything started working again. I had already restarted my phone three times to no avail, so no idea what a hard reset did that was different.

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
I know this doesn’t answer your question but HomeKit toggles have been a nightmare for me for the past year about. They don’t stick. I had all my camera notification setting reset on their own. Can’t move a device from “default room” to a new room, change the glyph or the name of the device. Just reverts itself back. Can’t delete anything either. Don’t get me started on HomePod alarms… Crazy how such basic functions are so wonky.

I reported it a couple times but I’m sure it’s not a widespread issue. It’s so annoying it would be plastered all over the internet if it was widespread.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.