Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aska0865

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2023
Canada
Hi, I'm the developer of the CamX:

iPadOS 17 brings USB external video capture capabilities from third-party cameras, webcams, and capture cards. You can use your iPad as a monitor or a portable gaming screen.

Hardware requirements:

Video Camera or WebCam that supports UVC standard

A HDMI to USB-C capture card. If you want to capture video quality at 1080P 60FPS or higher, you'll need a card that supports USB3.0. You can search for capture cards with the MS2130 or MS2131 on AliExpress, I run 24/7 on them no issues so far.

Key Features:
  • Video Display: Turn your iPad into a portable gaming screen or use it to extend your desktop, mirror your screen, or enhance multitasking capabilities as a secondary display.
  • Video Capture: Transform your iPad device into a powerful video recording and streaming tool.
  • High-Quality Video Recording: Support for various resolutions and frame rates to ensure your videos are always of the highest quality.

P.S. I only spent few weeks on this app, so features are still limited, but I plan to add filters and AI resolution enhancement in the future.
Compatibility: Currently, it only supports iPad models with USB-C ports, and future updates will include support for the entire iPhone 15 series.

Please enjoy the free app here

Any feedback is welcome 🙏

tempImageJrMgfM.png

Reactions: VogonPoetry
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.