Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DXoverDY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2005
dogbone said:
The australian broadcasting corporation makes a confabulator widget available for the cricket scores but I couldn't be arsed downloading confabulator just for this.

Does confabulator use similar code to dashboard widgets. Is it difficult to port the code to a dashboard widget.

first it's Konfabulator, and no it's not quite as easy unless you're familiar with both systems. there's no "converter" application.

dogbone

macrumors 68020
Original poster
I didn't mean easy for me, I meant easy for the propeller heads at the abc to write the code. I'm not sure how widgets work but there obviously must be something set up to feed the scores into it and seeing as that is already going for the Konfabulator widget I was wondering if they use a similar type of coding. I think someone mentioned on the 'new skin for the calculator widget' thread that dashboard widgets use javascript.

DXoverDY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2005
dogbone said:
I didn't mean easy for me, I meant easy for the propeller heads at the abc to write the code. I'm not sure how widgets work but there obviously must be something set up to feed the scores into it and seeing as that is already going for the Konfabulator widget I was wondering if they use a similar type of coding. I think someone mentioned on the 'new skin for the calculator widget' thread that dashboard widgets use javascript.

yes but they are totally different beasts. code for 1 typically will not work for the other. they could do it, but they'd have to maintain 2 nearly totally separate applications. if enough people requested it maybe they would convert it. but i am betting they will say "just use the mac version of konfabulator" that's the appeal of konfabulator, write once, run on 2 platforms, with more to come.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.