Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheBrokenBee

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 2, 2016
Just curious. When applying the dbrand skins - one is advised to use a hair dryer to warm up the skin while applying on corners. Wouldnt the heat mess with the adhesive on say the camera lens or around the screen of the phone?

Thanks

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
If you do it from a safe distance, on low heat and use the hairdryer sparingly, it shouldn't be a problem. Although my disclaimer is that I have not tried it. So it's at your risk.

TheBrokenBee

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 2, 2016
If you do it from a safe distance, on low heat and use the hairdryer sparingly, it shouldn't be a problem. Although my disclaimer is that I have not tried it. So it's at your risk.

I think so too. I feel like the phone gets much hotter than using a hair dryer for a few seconds when out and about or when the phone is in a car on a hot day.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Might do:

All that work, to only get a silver protective later and the wireless charger. I don't think I'll even be tempted by that mod, basically he destroyed his iPhone x. Hopefully the clicks/payments he gets from that video will be enough to cover the 1,000 cost of the phone

TheBrokenBee

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 2, 2016
All that work, to only get a silver protective later and the wireless charger. I don't think I'll even be tempted by that mod, basically he destroyed his iPhone x. Hopefully the clicks/payments he gets from that video will be enough to cover the 1,000 cost of the phone

Its already close to a million views. I think he can get more than one iPhone X.

Hater

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2017
Edinburgh, Scotland
Might do:

I bought a Galaxy S6 back in the day specifically for that mod. It's pretty slick, I do love it. Only lasted with Android for a few weeks though, hate it so much :confused:

I wonder if you can remove the induction coil so you can see more of the insides. I mean sure you lose wireless charging, but meh

TheBrokenBee

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 2, 2016
I bought a Galaxy S6 back in the day specifically for that mod. It's pretty slick, I do love it. Only lasted with Android for a few weeks though, hate it so much :confused:

I wonder if you can remove the induction coil so you can see more of the insides. I mean sure you lose wireless charging, but meh

He removed the induction coil for the iPhone 8.

And check these out :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.