Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jimbo Limbo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2015
Toronto
When the iPad Pro is use in landscape, say with a Magic Keyboard, the front camera is on the side, which makes for a slightly odd view.

Can an iPad Pro support and connect to a USB-C webcam like the Logitech StreamCam? If so, this would solve the odd angle issue as I could place the Streamcam on a tripod on the desk behind the iPad.

It does not have to be this particular webcam. If someone has experience successfully connecting another one, by all means report that here.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
No, unfortunately, there is no webcam support for the iPad. Lot of people would like it as this question comes up often.

Moyapilot

macrumors regular
Aug 14, 2015
Man, this is exactly the kind of stuff that drives me nuts with ipados. Zoom and similar apps on ipad are so limiting. If I even move the mouse to the edge of the screen, or try to split screen or do a slide over app, the camera stops and turns itself off. You literally can’t do a single other thing when using zoom.

Sorry for the slightly OT rant. I would have loved the ability to use an external camera to have a proper videoconferencing camera angle. But apparently we are children and can’t be allowed too much freedom.

Reactions: blurryvision

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
Drives me also nuts ... I really would have some usecase for a proper USB connected external camera. Works even on my Pi 4, on the Mac itself. Not tried on Android but assume that would work there too.

Com' on Apple ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.