Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Christopher11

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 10, 2007
Can an NFT be 9:16 ratio? It is an iPhone video I have that is quite beautiful, the way I've edited and cartoonized it. It would make a really cool video NFT, actually a series of them. However, if I crop it to the 1:1 square standard of most NFTs, I would lose quite a bit. Are there ever NFTs on OpenSea or elsewhere with asymmetrical aspect ratios? Thank you in advance for any thoughts.

zakarhino

Contributor
Sep 13, 2014
Did you drink the Kool-Aid?

I don’t own an NFTs as almost all of them I’ve encountered are pointless. The technology and utility are apparent regardless.

NFTs and crypto are in their fart app stage. Before long there will be new platforms that fully take advantage of these web 3 paradigms beyond speculative art and coins.

JayAgostino

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2020
Massachusetts
I don’t own an NFTs as almost all of them I’ve encountered are pointless. The technology and utility are apparent regardless.

NFTs and crypto are in their fart app stage. Before long there will be new platforms that fully take advantage of these web 3 paradigms beyond speculative art and coins.
Just a bunch of vague promises… 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Janichsan

Wokis

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
The more information you want to "mint" the more expensive the minting process becomes. Your NFT will reasonably only be an URL to your artwork, so with that endpoint you can have the NFT refer to any kind of digital media format imaginable.

If a wallet app can present it properly is another matter. I'd imagine a h264/vp9 .mp4 would be fine, but I'm not going to promise anything here because I don't have any crypto apps.

ponzicoinbro

Suspended
Aug 5, 2021
yes NFTs can be any type of asset you want technically. go ahead and make your NFT, nobody will care about the "its a scam" stuff before long as they continue to rise in importance and utility.

They can never be important in this shape and form they are in today.

Crypto community, eco system and software is 💩 by design.

They deliberate make it 💩 by design so that it is easiest for the founders, VCs and anons to scam the masses.

Such types of speculation and digital scarcity is a scam because wealthy people invented this concept, they control the platforms and they can buy up the assets before they launch.

So it is the same way that rich people buy up all the real world assets and screw everyone in the world.

They created NFTs as an idea so they can screw everyone in the digital world too.

The only way it can work is with database centralization so that assets can’t be stolen and prices can’t go mad and people can’t manipulate it.

But even then, it just becomes a dumb thing like loot boxes and in app skin purchases.

Thank you for coming to my Ted talk. It was free.

Reactions: Janichsan

ponzicoinbro

Suspended
Aug 5, 2021
Do not get involved with NFTs. That industry is nothing but lies and thievery.

Look how funny this is.

Their whole scammy industry and janky software is so bad that Bill Murray got hacked after raising money for charity.

All this is being exploited by terrorists, dictatorships, oligarchs, criminal underworld.

Giving them chance to earn millions and maybe billions.

Nobody even knows the real owners of most of the exchanges.

If our politicians were not so corrupt cowards they would send the FBI to arrest these terrorist financers and send the marines to destroy their offshore locations.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.