Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Racineur

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
Montréal, Québec
Hello, I did an Antutu test of my iPhone 6s and here is the score (image). Did it two times to make sure. Did some searching on Web and 6s should be around 173094. Actual results (219453) are in the 7+ range. Am I daydreaming? Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Antutu 9.0.2.
IMG_0010.png

ctjack

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2020
It is not a surprise. Actually since many phones were hitting the ceiling of 200K, 300K, 400K - they were changing the scoring every time.
So now if you find "7+", that will score more than your 6S. They just change the calculation from time to time just like Geekbench and other benchmarks do.

mprime_17

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2018
Everytime they update the test, the scores are higher. Why? Because chinese like bigger numbers.
And you, my friend, are comparing two different versions (173k is for v8)

Racineur

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
Montréal, Québec
Everytime they update the test, the scores are higher. Why? Because chinese like bigger numbers.
And you, my friend, are comparing two different versions (173k is for v8)
Sorry, I don't understand the second part of your post. What do you mean by "comparing two different versions...". In any case, it seems to mean Antutu is scrap since it doesn't give accurate results. "Chinese like bigger numbers" seems to mean that to me. What it is I don't get right?

mprime_17

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2018
Sorry, I don't understand the second part of your post. What do you mean by "comparing two different versions...". In any case, it seems to mean Antutu is scrap since it doesn't give accurate results. "Chinese like bigger numbers" seems to mean that to me. What it is I don't get right?
Your result is from version 9. The one you are referring to for the 6S is from version 8. They aren't comparable.

V9 gives you around 221k
V8 gave around 170k

V9 was released two or three weeks ago, therefore, there's not enough data to replace the current ranking from antutu's webpage (which I imagine, is where you got the number).

Racineur

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
Montréal, Québec
Your result is from version 9. The one you are referring to for the 6S is from version 8. They aren't comparable.

V9 gives you around 221k
V8 gave around 170k

V9 was released two or three weeks ago, therefore, there's not enough data to replace the current ranking from antutu's webpage (which I imagine, is where you got the number).
Okido. Now I understand. Yep, my results are from version 9. Anyway, Waiting Black Friday sales to change.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.