Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA
so I’ve been hearing mixed things.

Some say it does not slow down iPhone but others have said it does.

I’m on an iPhone 8 256GB AT&T

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
Can anyone confirm if iOS 11.1.2 has the slow down iPhone feature?

It does not. I plan on keeping my 8+ On 11.1.2 as long as I own it in order to avoid Apple sliently slipping in their throttling virus “feature” via iOS update like they did the 7 and below :rolleyes:

See here: https://www.macrumors.com/2018/01/03/iphone-slow-downs-vs-shutdowns-faq/

Will the iPhone 8 and iPhone X eventually be affected?

In a statement issued December 20, Apple said it "plans to add support for other products in the future," and by that definition, the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X could eventually be affected.

In a support article titled iPhone Battery and Performance, published December 28, Apple toned down that language a bit and simply said "we will continue improving our power management feature in the future," so it's unclear if the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X may be eventually affected.

Apple expanded the feature to iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus models when iOS 11.2 was publicly released in December 2017, nearly one year after implementing the changes in the iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, and iPhone SE when iOS 10.2.1 was publicly released in January 2017.”

Reactions: Hieveryone

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
It does not. I plan on keeping my 8+ On 11.1.2 as long as I own it in order to avoid Apple sliently slipping in their throttling virus “feature” via iOS update like they did the 7 and below :rolleyes:

See here: https://www.macrumors.com/2018/01/03/iphone-slow-downs-vs-shutdowns-faq/

Will the iPhone 8 and iPhone X eventually be affected?

In a statement issued December 20, Apple said it "plans to add support for other products in the future," and by that definition, the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X could eventually be affected.

In a support article titled iPhone Battery and Performance, published December 28, Apple toned down that language a bit and simply said "we will continue improving our power management feature in the future," so it's unclear if the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X may be eventually affected.

Apple expanded the feature to iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus models when iOS 11.2 was publicly released in December 2017, nearly one year after implementing the changes in the iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, and iPhone SE when iOS 10.2.1 was publicly released in January 2017.”

I really understand how you feel about this involuntary, undisclosed action Apple took, but "virus"? Really? It isn't, and I think you actually trivialize your position by using words like that.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I really understand how you feel about this involuntary, undisclosed action Apple took, but "virus"? Really? It isn't, and I think you actually trivialize your position by using words like that.
Especially when it's consistently simply repeated in the same "stylized" meme-like fashion.

Reactions: newellj

maka344

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2009
London, UK
Relax, we will soon have the option to enable or disable it. It’s a none issue going forward. Still doesn’t make what Apple did right!

Last edited:
Reactions: newellj

rugmankc

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2014
How is your 8 running. If fine, forget about all this hype and enjoy the iPhone. Life's short-----

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.