Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TastyOther

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
Chaddesley Corbett
Hi!

I can't post in marketplace. Darn.

Anyway, I've got a rather mad collection of Macs, and my main 'glue' for the system is an Apple Workgroup Server 95 which will eventually be running A/UX, but for the time being trots along on 7.6.

It is a genuine AWS, but the previous owner gutted it.

So I'm looking for a Pisces card (SCSI, L2 Cache), a 5-drive cage, a CD-ROM drive Bezel, and cables. I'm also looking for more 16Mb 30-pin SIMM modules for it.

Shreve had them, but they've sold out - and they were complete machines :(

I'm based in the UK, but I'm happy to pay shipping on components. A whole machine for spares would be a bit OTT ;)

Dr. No

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2003
Do you actually have A/UX? Do you have any experience with it?

I have always wondered about it. People say it was one of the greatest OSes ever, NASA used to use it I believe.

Good luck.... I remember when the Workgroup Server line came out- back in 1993 :)

Do you know how to install A/UX??

TastyOther

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
Chaddesley Corbett
Dr. No said:
Do you actually have A/UX? Do you have any experience with it?

I have always wondered about it. People say it was one of the greatest OSes ever, NASA used to use it I believe.

Good luck.... I remember when the Workgroup Server line came out- back in 1993 :)

Do you know how to install A/UX??

I've installed A/UX before, on my Q700 - ran it dual head with 2 14" monitors, but didn't really get much into it. It seemed to work fine, but until I have my AWS 95 running right, I don't think I'll get a proper idea of it. I've only got 148Mb RAM, too - aiming for 256.

I've got 3.1 I think. Somewhere. I'll have to find what I did with the CDs now!

ReanimationLP

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2005
On the moon.
On another note.

I see you have a Dell Precision 410.

If its a doorstop, wanna sell the hard disks and RAM it has to me? :)

Or trade.

I wish this took 72-pin SIMMs, then'd you'd be in business. Will look for some 16 MB pieces of 30 pin when I go to my PC User Group on Thursday

MacEffects

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2005
Darkspear
Hi,
I've got 2 Macintosh Quadra 950's, and two Apple Workgroup Server 9150/120 Computers, so if you do need some parts I know some from each are swappable, please PM me if you would like to get more info.

Thank You!

TastyOther

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
Chaddesley Corbett
MacEffects said:
Hi,
I've got 2 Macintosh Quadra 950's, and two Apple Workgroup Server 9150/120 Computers, so if you do need some parts I know some from each are swappable, please PM me if you would like to get more info.

Thank You!

I think the drive cage from the 9150 would fit; does it have a 5-drive cage in the upper bay behind the upper bays? And presumably the CD-ROM drive bezel.

The design of the case is slightly different, so maybe the internals are different.

Presumably the 9150 doesn't have the Pisces PDS card with SCSI/L2 Cache for the 040.

TastyOther

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
Chaddesley Corbett
Reanimation_LP said:
On another note.

I see you have a Dell Precision 410.

If its a doorstop, wanna sell the hard disks and RAM it has to me? :)

Or trade.

I wish this took 72-pin SIMMs, then'd you'd be in business. Will look for some 16 MB pieces of 30 pin when I go to my PC User Group on Thursday

It's a functional 410, upgraded to dual PIII-450s - but the RAM isn't anything special! Just 168-pin DIMMs, and only 256Mb installed at the moment after one went bad.

I wish the AWS took 72 pin as well; I have plenty (and most of it, too large to use - 8Mb is too big for my NeXT Color as it is an early one).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.