Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dreamwatch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2005
I'm runnung OSX Panther 10.3.9 on an Ibook. Now everyone i know with a similar spec mac machine can access this site ( http://www.musicnonstop.co.uk ) on their Macs with all known browsers IE, Firefox , Safari ect, but i cannot. A dialogue box just comes up with message, 'Orderflag is not defined at line 28'. This happens on every browser i use, Firefox and Safari on my machine. I have updated Java, but apparently its nothing to do with that. It is an OS issue. Can anyone help me?

Dreamwatch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2005
mad jew said:
Maybe it's an issue with your ISP. Maybe give them a call to see if they know what's going on. FWIW, I get through fine. :)

Just phoned my ISP provider and they they say there is nothing that could be blocking my access to that site from their end

dodonutter

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2004
Deep South UK
Dreamwatch said:
I'm runnung OSX Panther 10.3.9 on an Ibook. Now everyone i know with a similar spec mac machine can access this site ( http://www.musicnonstop.co.uk ) on their Macs with all known browsers IE, Firefox , Safari ect, but i cannot. A dialogue box just comes up with message, 'Orderflag is not defined at line 28'. This happens on every browser i use, Firefox and Safari on my machine. I have updated Java, but apparently its nothing to do with that. It is an OS issue. Can anyone help me?

Can you take your ibook to a starbucks or somewhere and use their internet access just to test out whether its your laptop or the ISP as mad jew said. Does sound like an ISP issue though...or a very odd and random OS issue.

Dreamwatch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2005
dodonutter said:
Can you take your ibook to a starbucks or somewhere and use their internet access just to test out whether its your laptop or the ISP as mad jew said. Does sound like an ISP issue though...or a very odd and random OS issue.

It cant be my ISP because freind of mine with a power mac with same ISP company can also access it fine :confused:

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
That doesn't necessarily mean it isn't the ISP though. I strongly recommend checking out a coffee shop's connection or even your neighbour's (ask first), just to make sure. :)

Dreamwatch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2005
mad jew said:
That doesn't necessarily mean it isn't the ISP though. I strongly recommend checking out a coffee shop's connection or even your neighbour's (ask first), just to make sure. :)

I've just remembered that i took my Ibook to my freinds house , who is with a totaly differant ISP company, plug into his ISP and i remembered that i couldn't access the site there either :confused:

Soverc

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2005
Clear cache

try clearing the cache, that is a punt tho since, you are having it across different browsers. Also check to see that the site is not trying to start up port 443 if so double check that you do not have it blocked.

Dreamwatch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2005
Soverc said:
try clearing the cache, that is a punt tho since, you are having it across different browsers. Also check to see that the site is not trying to start up port 443 if so double check that you do not have it blocked.

So how do you clear the cache in OSX? and would having Norton anti virus/firewall running have anything to do with this little problem?

Dreamwatch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2005
Well i've just de-installed Norton anti virus and firewall and that seems to have cured the problem

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
By way of explanation, if anyone is interested, Norton Firewall was obviously intercepting some data along the way and interfering with it in some way--preventing a connection, stripping out something it didn't like, delaying something, whatever. This apparently caused that site's weird sripts (it has some sort of "loading" screen for each page) to get data they weren't expecting, and therefore generate an error.

Yet another reason to believe that Norton causes more problems than it fixes.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
Soverc said:

sounds about right to me buddy, try it.

Bless

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.