Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JACK...

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2020
Hi

first off i know tiger is very old but i mainly want to just have some fun with it and do a few time machine backups as a tempry solution.

I have a B&W powermac g3 curently running, while i am testing i just have a 60gb ide hard drive hooked up but plan to add two 1tb sata drives in raid one if i can get this working how i want to.

my problem is that time machine does not want to work onto any drive on teh " Server" i have my user accounts and privalges set up and working as i can just use the drive normally using copy and paste. when i have the protocol set to AFP the drive is not even recognised by time machine unless i change the protocol to SMB and then slect it and change back to AFP. when i try time machine it just fails aftr trying to start. i thougt my problem may be solved by enabling network mounting of the share point but the option is greyed out.

sorry for the long explaination.

does anyone have any suggestions of what to try?

Thanks
Jack

Cancelled
Apr 19, 2014
You're probably better off asking in the PowerPC forum. The folks in there know everything.

Reactions: r6mile
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.