Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andy5898

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2022
Looking for a keyboard to go with a mini Mac M1. Ideally one which isn't going to cost a fortune and one which also is compatible with windows as I log into windows computer from my mac. Anyone any recommendations?

weaztek

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2009
Madison
I use the legacy, full-sized Apple wired keyboard (A1243 MB110LL/B) on my Mini. They last forever if you don't get them wet. There's a few new ones on eBay.

Reactions: jagolden

magicMac

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2010
UK
Editors Keys do some nice LED backlit keyboards, can also have custom layouts overlayed for creatives

posguy99

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2004
Keyboards are a standard, the Mac isn't going to care and Windows isn't going to care. Pick a keyboard that YOU are comfortable using.

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Keyboards are a standard, the Mac isn't going to care and Windows isn't going to care.

Depending on the keyboard. The extended features keys (music control, camera, media center keys, etc.) on Windows keyboards may not work on a Mac. The Windows and Alt keys on Windows keyboards have to be remapped to Option Command on a Mac if you want to keep the same positioning.

I use

1. Ergometric
2. Inexpensive

Only drawbacks are the issues mentioned above since it is a Windows keyboard, and the lettering on the keys has worn off after >4 years of use.

eelpout

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2007
Silicon Valley
Keyboards are a standard, the Mac isn't going to care and Windows isn't going to care. Pick a keyboard that YOU are comfortable using.

My band, "The Ctrl Alt Option Commandos" would disagree with you. ;)

(not a real band and "Windows" key didn't alliterate well :))

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.