Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ip18

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2019
United Kingdom
It is an original iPhone 4GB version. It has European text on the rear and was manufactured in week 34 of 2007. The only similar iPhone I have seen is model MB340B which was a demo unit made for the UK market. If anyone knows the origin or anything about this iPhone, it would be greatly appreciated.

ip18

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2019
United Kingdom
It all depends on what frequencies it uses and if they are compatible with your carrier.

If it is stolen or lost . . . . .
I suspect the website is wrong because Apple didn't offer iPhone for sale in China until 2009 (iPhone 3GS).

The website probably thinks "CH" automatically means China but probably means something else.
Yes, that's what I thought. I can't find any mention of it on other websites except this one.

ip18

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2019
United Kingdom
UPDATE: So after doing some research, it turns out that this Chinese model doesn't exist. I found out the model number from imei24.com and after entering the serial of another iPhone, it came up with the same number. I knew this wasn't a Chinese model, so imei24 was wrong. The correct model number is MB340B/A, and these often go for thousands on eBay if you can even find one.

ip18

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2019
United Kingdom
Here it is:

Screenshot 2019-08-14 at 20.35.45.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.