Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

generik

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
I have actually been trying to find a match for it all day but to no avail :(

Then again I'm no designer, so a pro might just take a glance at this and identify the font name and size instantly :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 330

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
That font is: Jaggedy-As-Hell Non-Specific Sans Regular. :p

Seriously, it could be a number of things... guesses wildly, Univers, Trade Gothic?

Edit: Or it could be one of a number of Helvetica knock-offs. Swiss, etc...

Detlev

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2003
Go to myfonts.com WhatTheFont is a feature there that will allow you to upload that image and it will tell you what font it is. If it cannot then you can post it to the pros who will figure it out in a matter of minutes.

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
generik said:
I have actually been trying to find a match for it all day but to no avail :(

Then again I'm no designer, so a pro might just take a glance at this and identify the font name and size instantly :rolleyes:

Its Arial. Im a typographer! :cool:

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
stuartluff said:
Its Arial. Im a typographer! :cool:

The lower-case 'a' seems to have a different curve (i.e. more convex) on the upper part of the counter.

It's hard to tell with such a low-resolution sample.

generik

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
Detlev said:
Go to myfonts.com WhatTheFont is a feature there that will allow you to upload that image and it will tell you what font it is. If it cannot then you can post it to the pros who will figure it out in a matter of minutes.

Wow this thing is awesome!!!

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
Blue Velvet said:
The lower-case 'a' seems to have a different curve (i.e. more convex) on the upper part of the counter.

It's hard to tell with such a low-resolution sample.

Thats just because its such a low res image. If the stem/upper curve was drawn 1 pixel higher it would look out of proportion to the rest of the characters.

Trust me, Im a doctor! :D

generik

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
stuartluff said:
Thats just because its such a low res image. If the stem/upper curve was drawn 1 pixel higher it would look out of proportion to the rest of the characters.

Trust me, Im a doctor! :D

PhD in fonts? :confused:

panoz7

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Blue Velvet said:
Look at the difference between the tops of the lower-case t.

Shoot... my bad. I was kind of sleepy this morning I guess. You're right about the t. The a's are also slightly different. Its amazing how similar these are. Oh well. Ignore everything I said.

EDIT: I think I may have gotten it right this time. I can't find any differences beyond the top of the a. I think the difference might be due ot pixelation though. Anyway, I think its Franklin Gothic Medium in size 30.

Attachments

• arial.jpg
    arial.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 251

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Jan 24, 2006
Yeah, that looks like a winner to me. The original image is very low resolution so it's a bit hard, but that's pretty dead-on if you ask me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.