Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macphoto861

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 20, 2021
I almost exclusively listen to classical music... tried Apple Music some years ago, but I didn't like having to effectively walk through a music store loaded with hip hop to reach the classical section way in the back, nor did I like how search results were presented (and mixed with music categories I had no interest in). Tried Primephonic for a year or so, and it was great, though I encountered a persistent bug where a piece would skip around.

So I then shifted to having locally-stored recordings, and I have pretty much everything I "want", but I also realize there might be composers and pieces out there that I still don't know about, so I'm considering trying Apple Music again. The catch is, (don't shoot me please), I don't like opera or any other classical music with singing (yes, that even includes Beethoven's 9th). I mean, I really despise it.

Does Apple Music have the functionality to let me basically tell it, "shuffle play random pieces, but don't play me anything with vocals"?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.