Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kylera

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Seoul
I just tried to download 2Do on my iPad, but it wasn't showing up on my purchases tab, and instead, I have to buy it again. I don't have the iTunes receipt anymore unfortunately, and I never asked for a refund - the only evidence, if you will, I have that I used to have the app is a video I recorded of it in action late last year.

What recourse do I have in getting this app again, short of buying it again? I've already sent an email to iTunes Store support, but I would like to hear other people's opinions while I wait for a reply.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Apps can be removed from the store and your purchase history. Manually backing up resolves that issue but it's the same for music and movies.

kylera

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Seoul
Apps can be removed from the store and your purchase history. Manually backing up resolves that issue but it's the same for music and movies.

But the thing here is that the app is still on sale right now, while it's gone from my purchase history.

I'm currently out of my house at the moment, so I can't check my Mac's hard drive. Assuming I have transferred it off of my iPad in the past, should I still be able to install it that way? Or will I run into authentication issues?

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
But the thing here is that the app is still on sale right now, while it's gone from my purchase history.

I'm currently out of my house at the moment, so I can't check my Mac's hard drive. Assuming I have transferred it off of my iPad in the past, should I still be able to install it that way? Or will I run into authentication issues?

Sometimes dev's do a crafty removal then resubmit a v2 app to charge again rather than offering an update.

Yes you could reinstall if you have the app on your Mac

kylera

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Seoul
Sometimes dev's do a crafty removal then resubmit a v2 app to charge again rather than offering an update.

Yes you could reinstall if you have the app on your Mac

In an update, because I had less than the 9.99 the app was asking for, and I don't have a credit card tied to my account, I tried to purchase it again off the App Store.

Boom. Downloaded. No messages saying I don't have enough money.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.