Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you agree Siri sucks?

• Yes, she should be smarter by now

• No, she knows enough

• Siri isn't human and therefore is genderless and it's intelligence cannot be measured!

Results are only viewable after voting.

pogoyoyo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 17, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Picked up the homepod in Buffalo today... I live near Toronto. Setup was easy, works with my Canadian apple ID. It sounds great at lower volumes but the bass doesn't keep up with the highs at higher volumes. Kind of a bummer. Really nice deep bass at under 3/4 volume though.

[Total rant] I can't help but think i'm a bit of a sheep for getting this... Siri is incredibly stupid. I've heard google assistant on android phones answer the most random questions... Siri really isn't too bright... it doesn't even seem like Siri is improving much. Very minor additions every year.
What's stopping apple from having a hand full of people come to work every single day thinking of **** siri might say and either hard coding answers constantly or improving Siri's ability to search the web for answers? Do you guys agree Siri kinda sucks?

Reactions: DeanL

DeanL

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2014
London
Same for me! Got my HomePod in Buffalo, from Toronto.
The sound is just amazing. The HomePod lives in my room and I will definitely get a second one for a stereo setup in my room. Siri sucks though!
I can't wait for AirPlay 2 to be finalized so I can get a Sonos soundbar and subwoofer that can play nice with my HomePods!

legacyb4

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Reddit feedback indicates that language has to be changed to English/US for Siri to work properly; guess I'll find out more shortly!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.