Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Can Destiny 2 be saved?

• There's nothing wrong with the game now!

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • I think Bungie can still turn it around.

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • She's dead, Jim.

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters

Darmok N Jalad

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 26, 2017
Tanagra (not really)
I tried playing for the first time in several weeks. I like Strikes, and wouldn’t you know, I draw an Infinite Forest strike, which said a lot, as this “additional content” is basically just a replay of the Osiris storyline. I got through it and cashed my engrams, which just ended up being stuff I already had unlocked about 10 times already. There were about 6 players at the tower. I turned it off and went to bed early. I thought this game could be saved, but most of the Strikes are so lifeless that I can’t see how it can get much better.

Khalanad75

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2015
land of confusion
So my son pulled me back into Destiny 2. The new forsaken expansion is actually quite good and is starting to have the D1 feel back. I love the triumphs though, it gives me something to shoot for when I have nothing else to do at the moment. I will look to find an unfinished triumph and set out to get it done.

Reactions: Darmok N Jalad

Darmok N Jalad

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 26, 2017
Tanagra (not really)
So my son pulled me back into Destiny 2. The new forsaken expansion is actually quite good and is starting to have the D1 feel back. I love the triumphs though, it gives me something to shoot for when I have nothing else to do at the moment. I will look to find an unfinished triumph and set out to get it done.
Reviving an old thread! I will say that I got into it more with the Warmind expansion. The community events on Mars were quite fun, really. I still kinda reached a bit of a grind, and I haven’t taken the plunge for Forsaken yet.

c8rlo

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2015
FL
Forsaken addressed many things the community wanted changed and I think the feedback has been for the most part positive despite the recent Earning's Call in which Activision expressed disappointment towards the game not meeting their expectations. As a player, there's sooo much to do right now...players wanted more things to do and Bungie (IMO) delivered. The recent patch increased exotic drop rates as well as "quality of life" improvements. I'd say it's a good time to come back to Destiny to see what Forsaken has to offer.

Today was reset, so Iron Banner is live as well as the final step in the time gated exotic quest for the Thunderlord.

Darmok N Jalad

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 26, 2017
Tanagra (not really)
Forsaken addressed many things the community wanted changed and I think the feedback has been for the most part positive despite the recent Earning's Call in which Activision expressed disappointment towards the game not meeting their expectations. As a player, there's sooo much to do right now...players wanted more things to do and Bungie (IMO) delivered. The recent patch increased exotic drop rates as well as "quality of life" improvements. I'd say it's a good time to come back to Destiny to see what Forsaken has to offer.

Today was reset, so Iron Banner is live as well as the final step in the time gated exotic quest for the Thunderlord.
Yes, and right now the original game is free on PC/battle.net. I got rid of my PS4 before Forsaken came out, as the only thing I did on it was play this game. Now I bought the expansion for $29 on PC and got a PS4 controller to play it on my iMac instead. Haven’t made it to the expansion yet, but it’s been good so far, as some changes are in effect for the initial play through. Surprised how well the game looks and plays at 1080P on my base 27” 2017 iMac. Most settings turned up, manage to run at 55-60FPS.

c8rlo

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2015
FL
Haven’t made it to the expansion yet, but it’s been good so far, as some changes are in effect for the initial play through. Surprised how well the game looks and plays at 1080P on my base 27” 2017 iMac. Most settings turned up, manage to run at 55-60FPS.

Awesome, glad ur enjoying the extra frames. FYI, this is your last chance for the current season to acquire any Iron Banner weapons and armor that you don't have as well as 2x the Valor ranking.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.