Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Appletise

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
I have airpod 1, the left AirPod is missing, son gave me his left one, it fits in the case perfectly, but it doesnt connect with my other airpod, the rhs one. Is it possible to have them work as a pair? If so how? thanks

Appletise

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
l hope my question is clear, l have lost my left airpod , son gave me his left one but it doesnt work with my right one. is there a way they can work as pairs?

Grumpus

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2021
I don't know the answer to your question, but I suspect you might be out of luck. You can call Apple Support (AppleCare isn't required) or go to an Apple store to find out (you may need an appointment).

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
l hope my question is clear, l have lost my left airpod , son gave me his left one but it doesnt work with my right one. is there a way they can work as pairs?
Have you tried these instructions? Apple will definitely send just one replacement if one's lost or fails.

Reactions: Grumpus

iGeek2019

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2019
No Selection
Hope you managed to get this resolved - unfortunately you can’t ‘mix’ different AirPods (of the same generation) in the same case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.