Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sebfrey

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2007
Aptos, CA
I have a few Arlo cameras and a video doorbell at my house - I just noticed that I can set up my AppleTVs to automatically show the camera video when motion is detected and it’s really nice. On my iPad, I just get a notification, but it would be awesome if it worked just like it does on my AppleTV - popping up a window to show the live camera view. Is that possible somehow, or are there any hacks to make something like that work?

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
The notification is giving you the source of what prompted that notification in the form of a rich recorded video notification. The notification shows a clip of what was recorded. Are you getting that at least? I get that you want the live feed to pop up automatically but if not too much trouble, tapping the home icon on the notification should take
you directly to the live feed.

Apple probably figured i’ts best this way since the iPad is a touch screen device and the AppleTV is not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.